WORK EXPERIENCE STUDENTS ACTIVITIES
- It is important for potential students to be aware that we do not accept students as observers.
- They must work as part of the team. All students must be productive.
- They breed and raise fish.
- Normal commercial activities are also part of students daily activities, such as harvesting and packing fish for air freight.
- Students must be prepared, and agree, to work the hours that other employees work.
- Students are given responsible activities which have commercial outcomes. These outcomes must be achieved.
- Students must be prepared to become part of the Australian way of life.
- We do not offer any students any form of payment or wages. There are a number of reasons for this.
In most cases, for international students, Ausyfish must sponsor students entry visors to Australia. A condition of the Training and Research Visa issued by Australian Immigration Department requires that no payments be made to students.
- You will also notice that we charge short term students for work experience at Ausyfish. We do not charge long term students as once they have been here for over a month we can then begin to benefit from their work activities.
- You will be feeding, grading, counting and harvesting fish from in ground earth ponds on a daily basis.
- You will be packing live for shipping several time week.
- You will be spawning fish almost daily. (Seasonal)
- You will be responsible for the care of almost 200 tanks holding many types of fish including raising fry in these tanks. This will include water quality maintenance and disease diagnosis and management.
- You should read all the pages of our web site. This will give you a full understanding of what we do, and therefore what you will be doing.