AUSYFISH IS FOR SALE
Aquaculture approval number 9BRBC 067 601 Reference Number 97BRBC 0676
HATCHERY FARM FOR SALE
After 26 years the founding owner is ready to retire.
Ausyfish Pty Ltd has been in operation since 1988 and has grown to be the largest hatchery/farm of its type in Australia. The Queensland farm is situated halfway between Bundaberg and Hervey Bay. See location Extensive renovation and upgrade over the past 5 years has improved the efficiency and production potential of the hatchery and ponded area.
· Aquaculture approval in perpetuity
· Over 200 approved species
· Hatchery approved under AAQ code of practice
· Hatchery operates under Queensland Government Fish Health Certification Program
Main species produced include;
· Jade perch
· Silver perch
· Golden perch
· Sleepy cod
· Murray cod
· Native and exotic ornamentals
OTHER POINTS OF NOTE:
* Ausyfish is one of only 3 hatcheries in Australia operating under the "Fish Health Certification Program."
* Ausyfish is an approved hatchery under the Aquaculture Association of Queensland's "Hatchery Accreditation Program."
* Ausyfish is accredited by the Western Australian Government to supply live fish to Western Australia.
* Ausyfish is an approved export quarantine facility by the Federal Department of Agriculture Fisheries and Forestry, formally AQIS.
A well established customer base secures the future market for increasing production from the whole facility. Markets for Australian native, table species, are growing worldwide as well as domestically. Ausyfish regularly exports native species and is now in a position to develop this market to its full potential. Over 19 million ornamental fish were imported into Australia in 2008. Ausyfish is well positioned to increase its market share of this sector.
This web site will provide a good look at the operation.
Site visit welcome strictly by appointment. How to get here.
The property is now offered for sale as a going concern.
P.O. Box 324 Childers Qld 4660
Enquiries 0407 797 149